See photos (6)


Religious building in Chanac
  • Former Benedictine priory which belongs to the domain of the Bishop. Built in the 13th century, certainly under the episcopate of Guillaume IV de Peyre. Magnificent high altar classified as a Historic Monument in 1924. According to tradition, it comes from the Château de Chanac, from the disappeared chapel of the bishops of Mende. The coat of arms of Monsignor Cruzy de Marcillac (bishop between 1628-1659) on the tabernacle certainly makes him the sponsor of the tabernacle.
  • Services
    • Self-guided visits
    • Self-guided visits (groups only)
  • Rates
  • Adult
    From 0 €