Located on the FoirailPlace in Mende, the Mende Cœur de Lozère Intercommunal Tourist Office has a reception area of around 100m².
The administrative offices are located on the first floor and have a direct vertical link.
Since 2007, this consolidation of services has made it possible to better coordinate the agency’s activities, which had previously been spread over several areas.
The missions of the Tourist Office Mende Cœur de Lozère.
• Support the notoriety of Mende and his region.
• Be the tourism ambassador for the city and its region.
• Promote the resources of Mende and his region.
• Be consistent with international, national, regional & local development strategies.
• Welcome visitors and locals.
• Value tourism, heritage and culture.
• Coordinate and bring together tourism operators, business tourism, equipment.
• Become a preferred partner to support tourism providers in their evolution and digital development.
But OTI is also:
– Tourist information for holiday visitors,
– Ticket sales for shows,
– Guided tours throughout the year,
– information on local life (useful addresses, events, housing, associations, urban transport, shops, etc.)
– the sale of brochures, guidebooks and other materials for the discovery of the territory and also a souvenir shop.
– the creation and sale of packaged stays in the territory,
– booking of accommodation,
– the creation and publishing of brochures,
– participation in trade and large public tourism fairs in France and Europe,
– the management of subscriptions to Urban Transport Mendois,
– the management of the tourist and local information website,
– the updating of 4 tourist information kiosks,
– updating the snow coverage of the ski resorts in the territory,
– the organization of summer events such as:
* Thursdays of the Cathedral (concerts),
* naturalistic outings, botanical outings, etc.
– the collection of the tourist tax on behalf of the Community of Municipalities.